The EC Supports the Construction of a Gas Distribution Center in Bulgaria
The European Commission supports the construction of a gas distribution center in Bulgaria, EU Energy Commissioner Maroš Šefčovič said during an energy conference in Sofia, part of the events related to the Bulgarian Euro-Presidency.
The topic was also discussed at a meeting with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov. CEZ's sale has also been at the center of the talks, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
Maroš Šefčovič, European Commissioner for Energy: Bulgaria has a very good development of the interconnector connections - both those that are currently being built and those that are in the process of being built. The idea is to have very strong gas liquidity in the region. This is strongly supported by the EC and our goal is to turn Bulgaria from a country that transits gas into a gas trading country. At the morning, we talked to the Prime Minister about the deal with CEZ and we agreed that it was between two private companies. I have information that all responsible authorities in Bulgaria, including the government and the parliament, carry out the necessary assessments and checks. We, at the European Commission simply want to know that all the principles and laws of European law are respected.
- » Trump Invited Putin to the US
- » Today is the Donald Trump Vladimir Putin Helsinki Summit
- » Ukrainian President Appoints Ambassadors to Bulgaria and Algeria
- » Uzbek-Bulgarian Trade House Opens in Sofia
- » Trump Starts his UK Tour by Threatening to Kill off US a Trade Deal
- » Bulgaria’s President Radev Talks with Donald Trump at the NATO Summit