Bulgaria's Jobless Rate Edges Down m/m in Feb
Bulgaria’s jobless rate decreased by 0.2 percentage points month-on-month to 7.0% in February, the government's Employment Agency said on Thursday.
Year-on-year, Bulgaria's unemployment rate fell by 1.2 pp in February, the Employment Agency said in a statement.
There were 20,260 unemployed people newly-registered with labour offices countrywide in February.
The number of people who found a job in February totalled 17,270. There were 13,897 registered job vacancies in February. The highest share of vacancies was registered in manufacturing – 27.4% of the total.
Bulgaria, a nation of some 7.1 million, had an economically active population of 4.3 million as at end-2016, according to the country's statistical office, NSI.
There were a total of 3.28 million economically active people in the 15-64 years age bracket in Bulgaria in 2017.
Source: SEE News
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria Continues to Decline
- » In the Mountains During the Summer? Here are some Tips from a Rescuer
- » Heavy Traffic from Serbia to Bulgaria via Kalotina
- » Soon 13 New Trams will be Delivered in Sofia
- » Soon Starts the Construction of an Underpass at Pencho Slaveykov Blvd in Sofia
- » New service: Sofia Residents can Buy a Ticket for Underground and Public transport via Phone