European Energy Forum in Sofia
A European Energy Forum is taking place in Sofia, within the framework of the Bulgarian Euro-Presidency. The forum was opened by Minister of Energy Temenuzhka Petkova. The Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič, also arrived in our country to participate in it.
Quite unexpectedly, the issue of the sale of CEZ's assets in Bulgaria became part of the first Energy Forum within the Bulgarian Euro-Presidency, which is taking place in Sofia. EU Energy Commissioner Maroš Šefčovič commented that at this stage no clear assessment can be made as to how much the EC can decide on a possible transaction between the state and CEZ-group whether there is any unlawful state aid. He explained that all possible parameters of the purchase of CEZ by the state and what participation should be clear first. Only after that the regulatory committees in Brussels will give their opinion.
On the energy forum, EU Commissioner Šefchovic said he had discussed with Prime Minister Boyko Borissov the big regional energy projects. One of the main subject was building a gas hub, which is supported by Europe.
Temenuzhka Petkova said the public procurement contract for the designer's appointment had ended. Interconnectors with Greece and Romania, the future gas connection with Turkey and the one with Serbia, for which EU funds have been allocated, have been discussed. They talked also about gas supplies from Russia.
- » Within the Balkan Gas Hub, Bulgaria will also Build a Gas Exchange
- » Electricity and Heating Prices in Bulgaria Remain Unchanged Until the End of Heating Season
- » Energy Minister on the Main Role of the Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » EU Clears State Aid Greece and Bulgaria Natural Gas Interconnector
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet Approved Procedure with 9 Stages for Selection of Investor in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Expects Azeri Gas to Cover 30% of its Needs from 2020