The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
The Bulgarian Football Union will initiate a meeting between Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and the bosses of professional football clubs because of the pressure on the referees and the tensions surrounding the games in the First League lately, said Borislav Mihaylov.
The president of the football union spoke to journalists after the first meeting of the new executive committee since the congress. The main theme at least in the briefing was the case with the referees - will there be a new head of the Referee Commission (and when), how the BFU will deal with the explosive situation at times and so on?
"We are looking for state support because we are not an investigative body and we can not cope with the situation," Borislav Mihaylov said. "The prime minister is familiar with the situation but he has a lot of state affairs, we will initiate club presidents to meet him.
Until the break in the championship starting at the end of this week due to friendly matches of the national teams, the head of the Referee Commission will not appoint someone to replace Petar Petrov.
Mihailov is not in a hurry to choose, because he has to choose a man with authority and experience who understands the job. He will nominate a chairman before the second round of the championship (when he splits the first sixth and second eighth) but there will be no vote in the executive because there are club presidents there and he wants to avoid conflicts of interest.
The executive confirmed Yordan Lechkov as the first vice-president of the union, and Mihail Kasabov and Atanas Furnadjiev for vice-presidents.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing