Bulgaria Provides EUR 200,000 to Support Refugees from Syria
The Council of Ministers adopted a decision to allocate EUR 200,000 as a contribution to the EU Regional Trust Fund in response to the Syrian crisis, also known as the Madad Fund, reports BGNES.
It helps refugees from the civil war in Syria, especially those who have temporarily settled in the neighboring countries - Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq.
By the end of 2017, the fund had accumulated 1.409 billion euros, with 106 million euros being the voluntary contribution from the EU Member States. The European Commission acknowledges that the Fund has provided for programs totaling € 1.213 billion. Of these, 40% are targeted at refugees in Turkey, 28% in Lebanon, 17% in Jordan, and 9% in Iraq.
The costs related to the execution of the decision shall be provided within the framework of the approved by the State Budget funds for official development assistance and humanitarian aid to the budget of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.