8 Stations of the Third Metro Line will be Ready by Autumn 2019
''The third line of the metro, especially in the first phase, runs on schedule and we expect the first stage to be launched by autumn 2019'', said Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
She explained that this stage includes nearly 8 km of new metro lines and 8 metro stations. Trains for the new subway line are currently being produced. It is expected that 5 of the trains will be produced and come to Bulgaria this year.
"Most of this project is financed by the OP" Transport ". Of about half a billion euros, a total of about € 390 million is from EU funds. Of course, the participation of Sofia Municipality, the financial participation, is also essential. We have ensured that for the construction of more subway lines we will provide funds, so also on my insistence we started the second stage of the metro in Ovcha Kupel'', added the mayor of Sofia.
She added that parts of ''Pencho Slaveikov'' and ''Georgi Sofiiski'' boulevards are being restored.
The construction of the third line of the Sofia metro started in 2016 with the heaviest section between Krasno Selo and Little City Theatre "Off the Channel" in the center of the city.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.