The Protection Against Hail of Farmland Increases from 25% to 90%
Up to 90 percent of farmland will be protected from hailstorms. This is planned in the National Strategy for the Development of City Conservation in the Country, says a message from the Government Information Service reveals.
At present only 25 per cent of the agricultural lands are protected from hail, according to the Hail Storm Executive Agency. So, in practice, many fields of fruit and vegetables, among which is Kyustendil area and Dobrudzha, are not protected from hailstorms.
At the same time, almost every year there is destroyed agricultural produce by hailstorms. That's why farmers have demanded for years that all agricultural lands be protected from hailstorms.
Now the strategy envisages expanding the protected area in two ways - with anti-aircraft missiles and airplane.
At present, anti-flood protection is done only by missile defense. For this purpose, 9 command points were built with their adjacent rocket platforms. They are in Gramada, Dolno Tserovene, Bardarski geran, Dolni Dabnik, Staro selo, Popovitsa, Golyam Chardak and Gelemenovo.
It is now planned to introduce 62 new rocket launchers and one to change the location, is stated in the government message. It is not stated in what time this should happen.
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award
- » Bulgarian Farmers will Receive an Additional BGN 700,000 for Insurances
- » Turkey will Produce its Own Vehicle
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity