Russia will Provide Logistics for the Bulgarian MiG-29 until 2022
The Bulgarian Defense Ministry chose the Russian MiG Aircraft Corporation to provide the Air Force with the integrated logistics service for its 15 MiG-29 fighters for the next 48 months, Jane's 360 reports.
Bulgarian Defense Minister Krassimir Karakachanov signed the agreement on March 6 after talks with the Russian company ended on February 16th.
The Bulgarian Ministry of Defense initially announced a contest on 7 December with the intention of concluding a Bulgarian-Russian agreement by the end of 2017. However, the process was interrupted on 19 December when the Ukrainian company "Nakrinash" appealed the auction.
- » Over BGN 50 Million Needed for the Repair the Bulgarian Army's Helicopters
- » Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
- » Turkey has Completed the Construction of a 764-kilometer Concrete Wall on the Syrian Border
- » The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
- » Aleksandar Vucic: "We have been Warned - if we Send Soldiers to Kosovo..."
- » Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO