The Monument of John Atanasoff in Sofia Could be Moved
The monument of John Atanassov, currently in front of the Sofia Chamber of Commerce, can be moved. The proposal comes from the company, owner of the property "Ng Property", which is managed by the businessman Vasil Bozhkov.
The expert-artistic council of Sofia Municipality, which owns the monument, has approved the transfer to the yard of the Technical University - Sofia, which is located in Darvenitsa district. Nevertheless, the consent of the author Valko Tsenov is necessary. Before bTV, however, he announced he was opposed to the idea because he made the bronze monument specially for this building. The location is chosen because it is related to technology and communications.
The monument was opened in 2003 in memory of the inventor of Bulgarian origin John Atanasov. The new owners of the Telephone Palace want to turn the building into a cultural center with a museum, and for that purpose they will rebuild and upgrade with one floor. The idea is to have over 3000 antique objects from Bozhkov's personal collection.
- » Intelligent Transport System Will Be Built on Trakia Motorway
- » Beer Production in Bulgaria is Becoming More Environmentally Friendly
- » Sofia Climbed 29 Positions in the World Ranking of the most Expensive Cities
- » The Bulgarian Government will Allocate Easter Bonuses to Pensioners
- » The Bulgarian Economy - 67% of Services, 28% of Industry and 5% of Agriculture
- » Most Wanted Workers by Sectors and Professions in February in Bulgaria