The Monument of John Atanasoff in Sofia Could be Moved
The monument of John Atanassov, currently in front of the Sofia Chamber of Commerce, can be moved. The proposal comes from the company, owner of the property "Ng Property", which is managed by the businessman Vasil Bozhkov.
The expert-artistic council of Sofia Municipality, which owns the monument, has approved the transfer to the yard of the Technical University - Sofia, which is located in Darvenitsa district. Nevertheless, the consent of the author Valko Tsenov is necessary. Before bTV, however, he announced he was opposed to the idea because he made the bronze monument specially for this building. The location is chosen because it is related to technology and communications.
The monument was opened in 2003 in memory of the inventor of Bulgarian origin John Atanasov. The new owners of the Telephone Palace want to turn the building into a cultural center with a museum, and for that purpose they will rebuild and upgrade with one floor. The idea is to have over 3000 antique objects from Bozhkov's personal collection.
- » Mayor of Sofia: 30 New Buses Launched along Routes 72 and 84
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects BSP’s Proposals Against Double Standards in Food
- » Bulgarian Border Police: Heavy Truck Traffic at Exit on Kapitan Andreevo
- » New Digital Ticket Platform to Start Operating in Bulgaria
- » Over 16,500 People Started Work on the Employment Plan in 2019
- » Bulgaria's Jobless Numbers Hit All-Time Low in 2018