The Election of a New Chairman of the Sofia City Court Failed
The Judicial Council of the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) failed to elect the chairman of the Sofia City Court (SCC), as neither of the two candidates gathered the minimum needed 8 votes.
The person favoured by the Sofia City Court judges Evgeni Georgiev received the support of five members of the college, while the scandal former chairman of the court Svetlin Mihaylov won only two votes.
"Against" the two candidates voted seven judiciary cadres and the SJC will be forced to announce a new procedure for the key election at the head of the country's largest court. The hearing of the two competitors lasted over 3 hours, with much of the issue being related to media publications about them. It was in this connection that Svetlin Mihaylov accused the media of his worsened health, for which he was admitted to a government hospital, postponing the election initially scheduled for February 20th.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Epidemic Measures Eased – Health Minister
- » Bulgaria: Non-Food Retail Chains Resume Work after Threat to Stage Protests
- » Breaking News: Bulgaria’s PM Boyko Borissov Resigns His Seat in Parliament
- » Bulgaria: Prices of Second-Hand Cars Expected to Rocket amid Pandemic
- » Bulgaria: Kindergartens and Nurseries Resume Work Today
- » Roma Baron Tsar Kiro Buried Like Pharaoh in Plovdiv