The Election of a New Chairman of the Sofia City Court Failed
The Judicial Council of the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) failed to elect the chairman of the Sofia City Court (SCC), as neither of the two candidates gathered the minimum needed 8 votes.
The person favoured by the Sofia City Court judges Evgeni Georgiev received the support of five members of the college, while the scandal former chairman of the court Svetlin Mihaylov won only two votes.
"Against" the two candidates voted seven judiciary cadres and the SJC will be forced to announce a new procedure for the key election at the head of the country's largest court. The hearing of the two competitors lasted over 3 hours, with much of the issue being related to media publications about them. It was in this connection that Svetlin Mihaylov accused the media of his worsened health, for which he was admitted to a government hospital, postponing the election initially scheduled for February 20th.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend