Part of the Center of Venice is Underwater, Tornado in Southern Italy
Heavy rains covered the northern regions of Italy, and in the southern regions there is warm weather unusual for the season.
In the southern part of Italy there was a tornado. It affected the city of Caserta in the Campania region. The wind turned a truck, pulled out trees and destroyed roofs.
Fortunately, there are no casualties, but the material damage is probably millions. In Caserta there is one of the largest royal palaces in Europe, which is often used for filming movies.
As a result of the bad weather, almost a third of the historic center of Venice was under water. In many places the water level reached 199 centimeters. The average level of water rise in the city is 119 centimeters, and a critical level is considered to be 120 centimeters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1