Turkey has Warned Germany Over Mosque Attacks
Turkey has sent Germany a diplomatic note over the recent upsurge of attacks targeting Turkish mosques and cultural associations, Hurriyet reported.
“Today our Foreign Ministry summoned Germany’s ambassador to Ankara. The necessary warning was conveyed to him and a note was sent,” Deputy Prime Minister and government spokesperson Bekir Bozdağ said after a Cabinet meeting in Ankara.
He added that Turkey would continue to closely monitor developments in Germany.
Bozdağ also called on German authorities to take “immediate” action against the terrorist attacks targeting the Turkish community.
“The German government and its security forces have primary responsibility for the safety of Turkish citizens and other Muslims living in Germany,” he added.
At least two mosques and a culture association in Germany have been firebombed since March 9.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dramatic Increase in COVID-19 Infection in Balkan Countries
- » For the Serbian Patriarch, North Macedonia does not exist
- » Local Elections are being Held in North Macedonia
- » 44 Percent of Adults in North Macedonia have been Vaccinated
- » Protests and Political Instability in Slovenia Before EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Entering North Macedonia will Require Vaccination Certificate Starting September 1