Turkey has Warned Germany Over Mosque Attacks
Turkey has sent Germany a diplomatic note over the recent upsurge of attacks targeting Turkish mosques and cultural associations, Hurriyet reported.
“Today our Foreign Ministry summoned Germany’s ambassador to Ankara. The necessary warning was conveyed to him and a note was sent,” Deputy Prime Minister and government spokesperson Bekir Bozdağ said after a Cabinet meeting in Ankara.
He added that Turkey would continue to closely monitor developments in Germany.
Bozdağ also called on German authorities to take “immediate” action against the terrorist attacks targeting the Turkish community.
“The German government and its security forces have primary responsibility for the safety of Turkish citizens and other Muslims living in Germany,” he added.
At least two mosques and a culture association in Germany have been firebombed since March 9.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis