Over 15% Growth of Foreign Tourists in December and January
''We have more than 15% growth in foreign tourists during the two months - December 2017 and January 2018.'' Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova told a round table discussion on the project "Share Bulgaria" in Bansko, Expert.bg reported.
"The results of the first two months of the winter season are extremely good. Over 845,000 foreign tourists visited Bulgaria. In January alone, the growth was 19% and over 437 000 tourists visited Bulgaria. This gives us reason to have an exceptionally good winter season - about 15% growth for the whole season, "Angelkova said.
In her words, the successes are very obvious for the Municipality of Bansko - over 116 000 foreign tourists and over 377 000 overnight stays, which is an increase of 18%.
On the occasion of wine tourism, Angelkova announced that it is planned that the final wine-growing destinations will be announced in autumn.
- » BDZ Provides Nearly 8,000 Extra Seats For the Holiday Weekend
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards
- » On Independence Day: BDZ Launches Retro Train
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region
- » Turkish Airlines Adds Direct Flights to the Vietnamese Cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule