Predators Attacked Pelicans in ''Srebarna'' Park
Predators attacked the pelicans in the Srebarna Park near Silistra, taking advantage of the still frozen surface of the lake.
Experts and guards in the Reserve first noticed the predators about a week ago.
"There is a fox that has entered, chased, scared a few pelicans," explains Momchil Petrov, an expert in the park. "On March 5, a jackal was observed, which also scared pelicans. We suppose if they ate something, probably frozen eggs.''
Attack foxes and jackals happens every few years when the water freezes. Thus the predatory animals reach the colony of pelicans, which is in the middle of the lake. Experts will only be able to see the damage after melting the ice.
According to experts, the normal and mass period of nesting of pelicans and laying eggs is due in the middle of March.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Droughts alone could cost 1% of GDP in Central Eastern Europe in Coming Years
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded