We Should Expect Rain and Colder Weather as well as New Virus Attacks
With the warmer weather, the attack of new viruses begin. This is what Professor Todor Kantardjiev, director of the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases, told the Bulgarian National Television. "There are few people complaining about fever, sore throat, runny nose and coughing," he said, but firmly confirmed that no new large scale flu waves are expected.
"There is still a low circulation of influenza viruses, and we are among the countries in Europe that have the least flu currently, and the last 10 weeks we reported the year as one with significant reduction in influenza. Currently the number of people who seek medical care is typical of the late spring - no more than 5,000 to 7,000 sick people, "he said.
"Surely we can say that the flu epidemic is over and we do not expect a second flu wave for now," explained Prof. Kantardzhiev.
Temperatures in the coming days will be more like a late spring, Anastasia Stoycheva said. Nowadays, the maximum values in almost the whole country will exceed 20 degrees. Together with the warm weather for early spring, however, March gives us even more rainfall.
"During the week the weather will be corrected and the temperatures, both in the morning and the maximum, will be near or usual for mid-March, and there will be precipitation.
" A cold atmospheric front will pass this night and tomorrow that will lower these temperatures "From west to east almost everywhere will rain, only in the highest parts of the mountains it will snow," she said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1