55% of Bulgarians Would not Communicate with a HIV Positive Person
86% of Bulgarians have not yet been tested for AIDS. 55% of our compatriots declare that they would not communicate with HIV positive person. These are the main conclusions of Trend Research Center's latest study, commissioned by Health Without Borders, dedicated to the attitudes and awareness of Bulgarians about the HIV virus.
86% of Bulgarians have never tested AIDS yet, according to the study. Only 11% of all respondents declare that they have tested HIV / AIDS. "To a great extent, this can be explained by the fact that for many the topic is distant - 92% of Bulgarians say they have not communicated with someone who has HIV before," the researchers said. Only 6% of all respondents felt at risk of HIV infection.
The Trend study shows some public intolerance to the HIV-related issue. For example, 94% of people say they would not get married to a person who is HIV-infected. 76% would not be friends with people with HIV. Only 27% of respondents said they would work with someone living with the HIV virus.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria – How Can We Help
- » Why is it so Hard to Predict Earthquakes?
- » Seismologist: Bulgaria cannot be Directly Affected by the Earthquake in Turkey
- » Bulgaria: The Second Stage of Repair of the Tram Line 5 in Sofia has Started
- » Bulgarian Red Cross and the Chief Mufti with Campaigns to Raise Funds to Help Victims of the Earthquake in Turkey
- » A Man with a Bulgarian Passport is among the Missing after the Earthquakes in Turkey