Bulgarian Organization ''Single Step'' Launches a Hotline In Support of LGBTI People
Single Step Launches a Support Hotline: 0800 900 18
In continuation of our initiatives to provide comprehensive resources to support LGBTI youth and their close ones, on March 3, 2018 Single Step launched a support hotline. It will provide information, advice and support to LGBTI youth, their friends and family.
The telephone hotline, in addition to the online chat, will provide support to the young members of the community, in order for them to deal with social hardships based on their sexual orientation and gender identity, ranging from bullying in school, to lack of understanding and outright rejection at home or the overall sense of loneliness and isolation that they face. We believe that the parents of LGBTI teenagers will need mostly information and understanding, so that they can accept their children and offer them the support their children need.
The hotline will be serviced by our trained volunteers, who have experience in providing support on our online chat. From the launch of the online chat at the end of October 2017, our volunteers have helped close to 300 people and we believe that this additional communication channel will further facilitate access to our services and resources. The call is free and anonymous. Initially, the hotline will operate every Wednesday between 5 – 8 pm.
Single Step is the only LGBTI organization in Bulgaria which is fully licensed by the National Agency for Child Protection and the Agency for Social Assistance, to provide social services to youth and young adults. For more information about our resources please visit www.singlestep.bg.
- » Plane Crashed near Plovdiv, Two Died
- » Facebook Has Stored Contacts to 1.5 Million People Without Asking Them
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » More than 30,000 Antique Objects to Return to Bulgaria after Special Operation by Bulgarian and Spanish Authorities (Video)
- » Passenger in Critical Condition after Abrupt Stop by a Public Transport Bus in Varna
- » Medics from the only Paediatric Hospital in Bulgaria Demand Higher Pay and more Staff