Trump Getting Washington Military Parade, but Without Tanks
It looks like President Donald Trump is getting the military parade he wants in Washington — though he may have to settle for no tanks, Fox Newsreported.
A Pentagon memo released Friday says the parade will only include wheeled vehicles to minimize damage to District of Columbia streets. But it will end with a "heavy air component," meaning lots of airplanes flying overhead.
The memo from the office of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis offers initial guidance to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, which will stage the parade.
The event is being planned for Nov. 11, Veterans Day, along a route from the White House to the Capitol.
Trump decided he wanted to have a military parade in Washington after he attended France's Bastille Day celebration last year in Paris.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 403 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv continues to Repel Russian Attacks in Bakhmut
- » Day 402 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia takes over the Presidency of the UN Security Council
- » A Romanian Court has placed Andrew Tate under House Arrest
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon