Sofia University will Create its own Educational TV Network
10 years after its launch, the University TV "Alma Mater" is about to become a true TV network dedicated exclusively to education and culture, reports sega.
"This will be possible thanks to a project of BGN 1.2 million, awarded to the University, under the Science and Education for Smart Growth OP, Svetlana Bozhilova, PhD, from the Sofia University, is part of the larger Heritage BG Project BGN 30 million, in which the University of Sofia, in partnership with 10 other organizations, will build a science center of excellence.
"Alma Mater" has a program license from 2009. Since then, the TV has created many programs, but they are broadcast only occasionally on BNT2 and BNT World. Thanks to a Swiss donation 2 years ago a studio was equipped, and now the European project opens up the possibility of creating a broadcasting complex.
"It will be a small but quality TV that will work for public benefit," explains Prof. Bozhilova. As the construction of the technology complex will take at least a year and a half, the university hopes to have a partnership with the Bulgarian National Television where they will have a 4-hour "education and culture window", which will then be transferred to their own channel.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Italian Language is a Favorite of many Young Bulgarians
- » Interest of Bulgarian Students in US Universities has Decreased Dramatically
- » 1/3 of the Employers want Bulgarian Students from Abroad
- » French Institute offers University Courses for Ukrainians in Bulgaria
- » Schools and Kindergartens in Bulgaria might Close due to Expensive Electricity
- » Number of Bulgarian Students in UK Universities is slightly Declining over the years