GERB and EPP Open a Campaign for the European Elections in Sofia
The European People's Party (EPP) and GERB today open the campaign for the upcoming European elections in 2019.
In Sofia are EPP President Joseph Daul his Deputy Dara Murphy, and Prime Minister Boyko Borisov hosts the event, BNR reported.
Under the motto "Europe is starting in your village, city, region", a joint European campaign will be launched by local and regional ERA leaders to restore confidence and increase engagement with the European Union. The campaign aims to enable people to express their views on Europe before the election.
More than 400 local mayors and regional politicians, members of the EPP from the European Parliament and the European Committee of the Regions, are expected to attend the Sofia Tech Park Forum. The Delegates will speak with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Joseph Daul, Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova, Tsvetan Tsvetanov
Part of the forum is dedicated to the theme "Regions and cities investing in education to strengthen European values", which will be attended by Commissioner MariyaGabriel, Commissioner for Digital Economy and Digital Society.
- » Bulgarian Women are Last in Europe in Terms of Participation and Skills in the Digital Sector
- » The EP Will Vote on a Resolution on the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
- » MEP: It Would be Wise to End Clock Change in 2020
- » BNB Governor: The Adoption of the Euro will not Generate Unhealthy Inflationary Impulses in Bulgaria
- » 113 Bulgarian Municipalities will Receive Vouchers for Free Internet from the EU
- » Eurostat: Sofia Airport is on the 63nd Position Among the 150 Airports in the EU