A Winter Storm Hit the United States, Over 2000 Flights are Postponed
A second winter storm in less than a week hit the northeastern US on Wednesday, prompting the cancellation of more than two thousand flights, AFP reported.
At 19:00 GMT, approximately 520 flights from New York's John Kennedy International Airport were canceled, representing over 40% of their total. Another 650 are affected at Newmark Airport, and more than 600 from La Guardia, also in New York. Other affected airports are the ones in Boston and Philadelphia, where about 20% of the total flights were canceled or delayed, added BGNews.
In New York, according to the US National Meteorological Service, between 20 and 33 centimeters of snow are expected. Authorities warn of "heavy snowfalls, coastal floods and strong winds."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects