U.N. Investigators Urge Russia, U.S. to Probe Deadly Syria Air Strikes
United Nations war crimes investigators called on Tuesday on Russia and the U.S.-led coalition in Syria to look into their air strikes in the country last year found to have killed large numbers of civilians, in violation of international law, Reuters reported.
An air strike by a Russian aircraft using unguided weapons hit a market killing at least 84 people in Atareb, west of Aleppo, last November, while strikes by the U.S.-led coalition killed 150 residents of a school holding displaced people near Raqqa in March 2017, their report said.
- » Digital Single Gateway: Easier Access to Online Information and Procedures
- » New Measures to Fight against illegal Competition Practices in the Internal Market
- » Pensions: Council Agrees its Stance on pan-European Pension Product
- » Visa Policy: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on the Amendment of the Visa Code
- » Schengen Internal Border Controls: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on the Amendment of the Schengen Borders Code
- » Merkel and Macron Agreed on a Separate Eurozone Budget