Lukashenko Appointed a Bodyguard for Sports Minister in Belarus
Belarusian President Aleksandar Lukashenko appoints Minister of Sports and Tourism, Sergey Kovalchuk, who is was a security service official, the press service of the presidency said. Since 2004, Kovalchuk is an employee of the Office of the President of Belarus.
Lukashenko dismissed former sports minister Alexander Shamko because he did not take effective measures to fight corruption according to him. By decision of the President, Shamko was transferred to the Emergency Ministry, where he was previously Deputy Minister.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Germany Pockets EUR 2.9 Billion from Greece Bailouts
- » Stoltenberg Expects Macedonia to be Invited to NATO in Early July
- » The Netherlands Gave the Green Light for Macedonia's Talks with the EU, but are Expected to Veto Negotiations with Albania
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » Over BGN 50 Million Needed for the Repair the Bulgarian Army's Helicopters