Athens Taxi Drivers to Strike Over Uber
Athens will be without taxi services for nine hours on Tuesday as drivers will walk off the job from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in protest at what they call unfair competition from Uber ride-hailing services, Ekathimerini reported.
In a statement, the SATA union representing cab drivers in Attica also expressed dismay at delays in passing a Transport Ministry bill to reorganize their sector and derided “innovative platforms that rob taxi drivers and the country.”
Meanwhile, railway workers are also taking action today with a 24-hour strike which will affect the Athens suburban railway (Proastiakos) and the metro line to Athens International Airport.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Train carrying NATO Military equipment derailed in Greece
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"