Outbreak of bird Flu on Poultry Farm in General Toshevo
An outbreak of the highly pathogenic H5N8 bird flu was found on a poultry farm in General Toshevo in the region of Dobrich, said the press office of the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency.
Immediate steps were taken to eradicate the outbreak, in compliance with EU laws, including culling some 140,000 birds. A three-kilometre protection zone and a 10-km observation area around the livestock area were set up, and the trade and movement of domestic, wild and other birds, trade in eggs and hatching eggs, the organisation of fairs, markets, exhibitions or other gatherings of poultry or other birds were banned, the agency said.
- » Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
- » More than half of the Doctors in Bulgaria are over 55 Years Old
- » Study: EU Test Undervalued Toxicity of Cigarettes
- » Outbreak of African Plague in Feral Pigs near the Border of Bulgaria
- » Used in Detergents and Toothpastes Substance Causes Cancer
- » World No Tobacco Day