Zaharieva: Bulgaria is Seriously Worried About the Growing Escalation of Violence in Syria
Bulgaria is seriously concerned about the growing escalation in Syria. Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva said during today's parliamentary oversight, BGNES reported.
Zaharieva responded to a question by BSP MP Valeriy Zhabljanov about Bulgaria's position on the Turkish Armed Forces operation on Syrian territory in the region of Afrin. According to Zaharieva, this is a prerequisite for delaying the process of restoring Syria. "In all the military actions that take place, unfortunately there are victims of the civilian population. I want to assure you that we carefully monitor the situation and discuss it, "the Deputy Prime Minister said.
"It is not true that we have not spoken on the matter. At the Foreign Policy Council in Sofia, and at the last Council, we had a serious discussion in Brussels on Syria as a whole, "the Foreign Minister explained. According to Ekaterina Zaharieva, the main concerns of Operation "Olive Branch" are the safety of the civilian population, the future of the Geneva peace process and the duration of the mission itself.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission: Bulgaria Has No Legal Criteria for the Minimum Wages
- » Kosovo with New Government and PM Avdullah Hoti
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: The State of Emergency Expires on June 15 and All Measures Must be Lifted
- » India: A Pigeon Has Been Arrested And Accused of Being a Pakistani Spy
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: Full Recovery of the Movement in the EU from June 15