Informal Meeting of EU Ministers of Culture Held in Sofia
An informal meeting of the EU Ministers of Education, Youth, Culture and Sports on Culture was held in Sofia on 28th of February.
The meeting is under the motto "Culture - an inclusive value of the EU" and is chaired by the Bulgarian Minister of Culture Boil Banov.
Tibor Navracsics, European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sports, also took part.
The work sessions are two. In the first one, the ministers will discuss the opportunities for interaction among different sectors to promote a sense of belonging to Europe through culture.
The second session is about the potential of young people in preserving and developing European values through culture.
Tibor Navracsics said that culture is a powerful tool for building cultural identity, generating jobs and boosting economic growth. He added that therefore cultural policy should not be in a vacuum. That is why we think about the more general picture and the support of the creative industries, he said.
- » PM: Decision on Hungary Taken at Government Operative Meeting has no Legal Value but has Moral Significance
- » Bulgaria Stands Behind Hungary and Against Brussels
- » 500 Terminals for e-vignettes will Operate Across Bulgaria from 2019
- » Bulgaria: BNT is not Planning a Junior Eurovision Return in 2019
- » EU Parliament Approves €34 Million in Aid to Greece, Poland, Lithuania and Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President: The EU will be Successful only if it Represents the Success of all its Member States