Demonstration in Brussels to Support Migrants
The protesters expressed their solidarity and called on the Belgian government for a "more humane" migration policy. A bill is being discussed in the Belgian parliament to allow visits to private homes to detain a migrant who is ordered to leave the country.
The text was submitted by Jan Jambon, Minister of Security and Interior, from the center-right New Flemish Alliance. He triggered reactions of indignation and divided even the coalition government headed by Charles Michel.
- » PM Borisov Proposes Closing all Borders in the EU
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » European Parliament Votes for €1 Billion in Aid to Ukraine
- » EU Budget: Commission Proposes Major Funding Increase for Stronger Borders and Migration
- » The European Commission Opens Competition for a €10 Million Prize for Low-cost Space Launch
- » Matteo Salvini and Viktor Orban form Unlikely Alliance over EU Migrants