U.N. Security Council to Vote Friday on Demand for Syria Truce
The United Nations Security Council will vote at 11 a.m. EST (1600 GMT) on Friday on a draft resolution demanding a 30-day truce in Syria to allow aid deliveries and medical evacuations, said Kuwait’s U.N. mission, the council president for February, Reuters reported.
It was not immediately clear how Syrian ally Russia, which holds Security Council veto power, would vote on the text drafted by Sweden and Kuwait.
A resolution needs nine votes in favor and no vetoes by Russia, China, the United States, Britain or France.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU has No Plans to Withdraw from Ukraine and Expects the US to explain Why they did
- » Australia has Called on its Citizens to leave Ukraine
- » British Diplomats began to Leave Ukraine
- » NATO will Expand its Military Presence in Eastern Europe
- » Thousands Protested against COVID Measures in Brussels (VIDEOS)
- » Thousands Protest against Mandatory COVID Vaccination in Washington DC