German Scientists are Accused of Cruelty to Monkeys
German Justice Department has announced that three scientists from the prestigious Max Planck Institute are being prosecuted for cruelty as part of experiments on animal brains, AFP reported.
The three from Tubingen Laboratory of Biological Cybernetics are accused of ending their experiments too late, and that the animals have suffered for a long time. The three scientists risk being fined, the judicial authorities said.
According to German justice, cruelty to animals can be punished by up to three years in prison depending on the seriousness of the crime. In this case, experiments with monkeys were approved by the authorities but provided they were discontinued if there were any suffering. Contrary to established rules, scientists have ended the animals lives too late and thus affected their well-being for a long time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 460 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Missile Attack in the Morning and at Noon
- » North Korea plans to launch a Satellite - Japan prepares for a Ballistic Missile
- » Erdogan won Turkey's first-ever Runoff
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » There is a Deal in Principle on the US Debt Ceiling