German Scientists are Accused of Cruelty to Monkeys
German Justice Department has announced that three scientists from the prestigious Max Planck Institute are being prosecuted for cruelty as part of experiments on animal brains, AFP reported.
The three from Tubingen Laboratory of Biological Cybernetics are accused of ending their experiments too late, and that the animals have suffered for a long time. The three scientists risk being fined, the judicial authorities said.
According to German justice, cruelty to animals can be punished by up to three years in prison depending on the seriousness of the crime. In this case, experiments with monkeys were approved by the authorities but provided they were discontinued if there were any suffering. Contrary to established rules, scientists have ended the animals lives too late and thus affected their well-being for a long time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sweden has Finally Approved the Application for NATO
- » Russian Oligarch Laughed at Putin for Cutting Off Gas to Bulgaria
- » The Defenders of Kharkiv region Reached the Border with Russia and Reported to Zelensky
- » Seven Countries are setting up a Data Exchange System closed to China and Russia
- » Day 82 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO declares Indefinite Military Support for Kyiv, Heavy Losses for Russia
- » NATO invites Georgia to its Summit in Madrid