Burundi Lifted its Act on the Recognition of Kosovo's Independence
Burundi lifted its decision to recognize Kosovo's independence. The relevant note received by the authorities of the African state was published by the press service of the Serbian MFA, according Regnum correspondent quoted by Focus news agency as saying.
The Burundian authorities' decision came to light after an official visit of Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic, which took place on February 15th. In the capital, Dacic met with Burundi's leadership.
"I am pleased with my visit. It connects us with a traditional friendship from the time of Tito and the former Yugoslavia. We recognized Burundi as early as 1962, "the Serbian Foreign Minister said.
Last fall, the Surinam Republic of South America also sent diplomatic notes to Belgrade and Pristina, from which it follows that the country's government has resolved its decision to recognize Kosovo.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Another Legislative Veto by President
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Ananiev with Four New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Government of India Bans 59 Mobile Apps
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov, Health Minister and NOH Discussed the Distribution of COVID-19 in Bulgaria