The German Soldiers have no Winter Clothes and Equipment
German soldiers, who have to strengthen the eastern flank of NATO, complain that they do not have the right winter clothing and equipment, says German news article, quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio. The publication refers to a document prepared by the Force Command. According to it, the German Army's rapid-reaction troops do not have tanks, protective clothing, winter clothes and tents for 2019.
In 2014, NATO formed a joint force with a very high degree of readiness to counteract the Russian aggression following the annexation of the Crimea. They consist of 14,000 soldiers ready for quick deployment, with the staff being filled with staff from Alliance member countries on a rotation basis. Germany was in charge of the forces in 2015 and should head back in early 2019 by including 10,000 soldiers.
- » Over BGN 50 Million Needed for the Repair the Bulgarian Army's Helicopters
- » Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
- » Turkey has Completed the Construction of a 764-kilometer Concrete Wall on the Syrian Border
- » The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
- » Aleksandar Vucic: "We have been Warned - if we Send Soldiers to Kosovo..."
- » Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO