Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January
In the first month of 2018, Sofia airport served a total of 499,688 passengers, representing an increase of 6.6% compared to the same period in 2017. 63% or 315,987 of all passengers passed through Terminal 2, and through Terminal 1 - the remaining 37% (183,681), reported Sofia Airport.
Passenger traffic on international regular services, representing 92% of all airport traffic, grew by 4.4% compared to the first month of last year. There is a double increase in the number of domestic travellers - from around 10,000 passengers in January 2017 to nearly 20,000 in the same month of 2018. This growth is due to the arrival of another airline on the Sofia-Varna route.
Cargo and landing planes at Sofia Airport reached 4500 in the first month of the year. The volume of processed cargo and postal items increased by 9.6% in January and amounted to 1687. Of these, 59% were transported by freight aircraft. the remaining 41% - with passenger.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?