Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January

Business » TOURISM | February 19, 2018, Monday // 12:30| Views: | Comments: 0
  • Send to Kindle
Bulgaria: Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January twitter.com

In the first month of 2018, Sofia airport served a total of 499,688 passengers, representing an increase of 6.6% compared to the same period in 2017. 63% or 315,987 of all passengers passed through Terminal 2, and through Terminal 1 - the remaining 37% (183,681), reported Sofia Airport.

Passenger traffic on international regular services, representing 92% of all airport traffic, grew by 4.4% compared to the first month of last year. There is a double increase in the number of domestic travellers - from around 10,000 passengers in January 2017 to nearly 20,000 in the same month of 2018. This growth is due to the arrival of another airline on the Sofia-Varna route.

Cargo and landing planes at Sofia Airport reached 4500 in the first month of the year. The volume of processed cargo and postal items increased by 9.6% in January and amounted to 1687. Of these, 59% were transported by freight aircraft. the remaining 41% - with passenger.

Tourism » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
Tags: Sofia Airport, January, report
Advertisement
Advertisement
Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)
Bulgaria news Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) is unique with being a real time news provider in English that informs its readers about the latest Bulgarian news. The editorial staff also publishes a daily online newspaper "Sofia Morning News." Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) and Sofia Morning News publish the latest economic, political and cultural news that take place in Bulgaria. Foreign media analysis on Bulgaria and World News in Brief are also part of the web site and the online newspaper. News Bulgaria