Three Turkish Journalists Sentenced to Life due to Relations with Gulen
A Turkish court has sentenced three prominent journalists to a life in prison because of relations with the organization accused of an unsuccessful attempt at a coup d'état in 2016, state media reported, quoted by BGNES.
Veteran journalists Nazili Iliqak and the brothers Mehmet and Ahmet Altan received life sentences at the end of a trial in Istanbul on charges of ties to the forbidden organization of the US Islamic preacher, Fethullah Gullen, the Anatolian agency said.
Three other defendants have also received severe sentences.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved
- » Erdogan declared Three-Month State of Emergency in 10 Regions of Turkey, Deaths from the Earthquakes are now 5000
- » Day 349 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Expects a New Russian Offensive Very Soon
- » Turkey's Energy Infrastructure after the Earthquakes: Huge Fire, Stopped Gas and Oil Pipelines
- » More than 4,300 People Died from Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- » Thousands of Dead after Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria (OVERVIEW)