Three Turkish Journalists Sentenced to Life due to Relations with Gulen
A Turkish court has sentenced three prominent journalists to a life in prison because of relations with the organization accused of an unsuccessful attempt at a coup d'état in 2016, state media reported, quoted by BGNES.
Veteran journalists Nazili Iliqak and the brothers Mehmet and Ahmet Altan received life sentences at the end of a trial in Istanbul on charges of ties to the forbidden organization of the US Islamic preacher, Fethullah Gullen, the Anatolian agency said.
Three other defendants have also received severe sentences.
- » Russia Claims the the US is behind the Coronavirus Epidemic
- » Moscow: Bulgaria is the Epicentre of a Campaign against Russia
- » US to Withdraw Troops from Kosovo unless Pristina Abolishes Customs Duties
- » Russia Bans Imports of Chinese Meat Products
- » The Pentagon: Russia and Turkey are on the Verge of an Armed Conflict in Idlib
- » The United States has Excluded 47 Goods from the List of Chinese Products Subject to Customs Duties