Avalanche Killed Three Skiers in the French Pyrenees
At least three skiers have died after they have been swept away by an avalanche in the French Pyrenees, the New York Times reported.
In the prefecture in the southern Upper Pyrenees, the bodies of the three men were found on Thursday, a day after an avalanche hit a sector outside the ski slopes in a ski resort near the Spanish border. The rescuers, helped by a helicopter and several teams of dogs, started the search late Wednesday afternoon shortly after the three men were declared missing, frognews added.
Skiers, 29-year-old and 38-year-old, are tourists from the French cities of Bordeaux and Poitiers. Relatives of victims are travelling to the place. On Tuesday, a 19-year-old skier died in an avalanche in a nearby ski resort.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Young Doctor from Sofia's Emergency Aid Dies of COVID-19
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas