Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers Starts Today in Sofia
The informal meeting of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the member states of the European Union, called "Gimnich", starts today in Sofia.
Ministers will talk on the most sensitive issues on the agenda of the community. The format is informal, considered to be extremely effective in senior diplomacy.
The Western Balkans, Syria and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea are the main topics within the next 48 hours.
Such an informal meeting gathered Europe's diplomats first in 1974 at Gimnich Castle in Germany.
The foreign ministers are in Sofia at the invitation of their Bulgarian counterpart Ekaterina Zaharieva.
The diplomats of the five candidate countries for joining the European Union will join the form tomorrow. And the EU foreign policy and security commissioner Federica Mogherini and Ekaterina Zaharieva will hold a joint press conference.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians and EU Citizens Will Enter UK only with Passports from October 1st