Chinese Smartphones are Now Considered a Threat to National Security in the United States
FBI, CIA, and US National Security Agency officials have advised Americans not to use the Huawei and ZTE smartphones because they believe they are a security threat.
According to CNN, the heads of the three agencies have expressed their views during the hearings before the Senate Special Intelligence Committee and the House of Representatives of the US Congress.
During one of the sessions, Republican Senator Tom Cotton has proposed to FBI head Christopher Ray, CIA Director Michael Pompeo and NSA Director Daniel Coates to raise their hand if they feel advisable for their compatriots to use the products of the aforementioned Chinese companies. None of them, however, responded to this request.
In Ray's view, admission of companies "subordinate to foreign governments" in US telecom infrastructure is too risky. "This creates a prerequisite for malicious modifications or theft of information and creates conditions for secret espionage," Ray told the committee.
Earlier, US telecom giant Verizon Communications declined to sell Huawei smartphones. According to Bloomberg, the company's decision was taken under pressure from the US government, which suspects the manufacturer in cooperation with the Chinese intelligence services, according to security officials, smartphone companies can install programs that help unlawful tracking. Prior to this, AT & T took a similar decision for the same reason.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack