The United States will Transfer Military Equipment Worth USD 1.3 billion to Europe
The United States intends to transfer military equipment - tanks, armored vehicles and missiles worth $ 1.3 billion under the so-called European Retention Initiative, TASS reported, quoted by Focus News Agency.
This was announced by Davis Welsh, Deputy Director of the US Land Force Budgeting Division. Paul Chamberlain's director of the same department has confirmed that the funds for this initiative in the new budget plan are increasing.
The Ministry of Defense's material clarifies that, according to the budget request for 2018, the cost of this program amounts to 4.8 billion. The Pentagon wants to increase it by another 1.7 billion to 6.5 billion dollars.
- » Over BGN 50 Million Needed for the Repair the Bulgarian Army's Helicopters
- » Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
- » Turkey has Completed the Construction of a 764-kilometer Concrete Wall on the Syrian Border
- » The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
- » Aleksandar Vucic: "We have been Warned - if we Send Soldiers to Kosovo..."
- » Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO