MPs' Salary to Increase to BGN 3540
MPs' salary will increase by about BGN 300 to BGN 3540, which is a consequence of the increase in the average wage in the public sector in Bulgaria. According to the National Statistical Institute, it was 1180 BGN in December.
According to Parliament's Rules of Procedure, parliamentary wages are three times the average in the public sector in the last month of the previous quarter.
However, 70% of Bulgarians receive lower than average public sector wages. The minimum wage in Bulgaria, which is BGN 510 since January, is the lowest in the European Union.
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)