German Politician Opposed the Accession of Bulgaria to Schengen
Bulgaria and Romania should not be admitted to Schengen. This was stated by the future prime minister of the German province of Bavaria Markus Söder.
"We need constant border control, and I hope you will forgive me, we do not want enlargement of the Schengen area and the inclusion of Bulgaria and Romania, this is the wrong signal," said Markus Söder, quoted by bTV.
Söder is one of Germany's most influential political leaders. He is a member of the Christian Social Union, the main partner of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. In the last 7 years he has been the Minister of Finance of Bavaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Recovery Instrument NextGenerationEU Ready to Be Implemented, Bulgaria’s Recovery Plan Delayed
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria Soared by 30 Percent over Decade – Eurostat
- » Bulgaria Bottoms EU SURE Funds Absorption Ranking
- » Bulgaria’s Premier to Take Part in Vienna Working Meeting on Fair Vaccines Distribution
- » Bulgaria: SJC Prosecutors’ College to Send Extra Info about Candidates for EU Delegated Prosecutors
- » Bulgaria’s Kristalina Georgieva Wins Recognition as One of 100 Most Influential Women