German Politician Opposed the Accession of Bulgaria to Schengen
Bulgaria and Romania should not be admitted to Schengen. This was stated by the future prime minister of the German province of Bavaria Markus Söder.
"We need constant border control, and I hope you will forgive me, we do not want enlargement of the Schengen area and the inclusion of Bulgaria and Romania, this is the wrong signal," said Markus Söder, quoted by bTV.
Söder is one of Germany's most influential political leaders. He is a member of the Christian Social Union, the main partner of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. In the last 7 years he has been the Minister of Finance of Bavaria.
- » Euractiv: Bulgaria to Launch Joint Application to Euro Waiting Room and Banking Union
- » Minister Kralev: We should use New Technologies to Show the Beauty of Sport and to Motivate for Physical Activity
- » Improving Security through Information Sharing: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on Interoperability
- » Deputy Minister of Defence Atanas Zapryanov Opened an International Scientific Conference on Cybersecurity and Cyber Defence
- » Screening of Investments: Council Agrees its Negotiating Stance
- » Audiovisual Media Services: Agreement on a Directive to Protect Minors, Boost Competitiveness and Promote European Content