UK Police Investigating 'Incident' at Parliament
The Metropolitan Police are yet to release a statement.
“The police are currently investigating an incident on the parliamentary estate," a House of Commons spokesperson said without elaborating, according to Reuters.
A "heavy" presence of officers was reported on a ministerial corridor, which is below the House of Commons chamber, and where some government ministers have their offices.
A police spokesman said he was not immediately able to comment.
Britain's parliament is currently in recess, which means most ministers are not in Westminster.
The Palace of Westminster was not locked down and the main Carriage Gate entrance - the scene of the attack on Westminster last March - was open as normal.
Roads surrounding parliament have not been closed off.
One police source told the Independent the fact that only the corridor and not surrounding areas has been evacuated suggests officers are not treating the incident as a high security risk.
- » Two People were Killed and 18 were Injured in a Crash between a Truck and a Train in Italy
- » Truck Hit a Bus on Trakia Motorway, 12 People Are in Hospital
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog
- » A Child Died After Falling into an Unsafe Wastewater Shaft in Sliven
- » Mass Fight with Hundreds of People in Plovdiv