The Applications for Asylum in Germany Decreased
German authorities reported a 15 percent drop in asylum applications in January compared to the same month of the previous year, the Associated Press reported.
In the first month of this year, 12,285 applications were filed, and in January 2017 they were 14,476. The interior ministry data show that most people who applied for asylum in Germany last month are from Syria, Iraq and Nigeria. The number of asylum applications in Germany is steadily decreasing after the dramatic flow of migrants in 2015 after the tougher border control and anti-trafficking measures imposed by European countries across the Mediterranean Sea.
- » In recent Years, Dozens of Fish Species have Disappeared from the Black Sea
- » Today is World Tuberculosis Day
- » Orangutan in a suitcase: Tourist tried to steal a primate from Bali
- » In the Last Week of March There will be Cold Days
- » Turkey Opened an Amusement Park, 3 Times Larger Than Disney's Magic Kingdom
- » Three New Cases of African Swine Fever in Wild Boars in Bulgaria