The Applications for Asylum in Germany Decreased
German authorities reported a 15 percent drop in asylum applications in January compared to the same month of the previous year, the Associated Press reported.
In the first month of this year, 12,285 applications were filed, and in January 2017 they were 14,476. The interior ministry data show that most people who applied for asylum in Germany last month are from Syria, Iraq and Nigeria. The number of asylum applications in Germany is steadily decreasing after the dramatic flow of migrants in 2015 after the tougher border control and anti-trafficking measures imposed by European countries across the Mediterranean Sea.
- » World Cup: Pussy Riot Protesters Charged over Pitch Demonstration
- » The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
- » New Outbreak of Bird Flu in Dobrich
- » Protest in Sofia Against the Euthanasia of Healthy Animals in Strandzha
- » Peter Bence with a Concert in Bulgaria
- » Health Workers Protest in Athens