The Applications for Asylum in Germany Decreased
German authorities reported a 15 percent drop in asylum applications in January compared to the same month of the previous year, the Associated Press reported.
In the first month of this year, 12,285 applications were filed, and in January 2017 they were 14,476. The interior ministry data show that most people who applied for asylum in Germany last month are from Syria, Iraq and Nigeria. The number of asylum applications in Germany is steadily decreasing after the dramatic flow of migrants in 2015 after the tougher border control and anti-trafficking measures imposed by European countries across the Mediterranean Sea.
- » Mostly unny this Morning, more Clouds with Local Rainfall Forecast Later Today
- » Massive 5.2 Earthquake Hits the Dominican Republic
- » 'Fat' traces confirm weird fossils were earliest animals
- » Ghana Flooding Kills 34 During Heavy Rains
- » Toll Jumps to 29 in Central Philippine Landslide
- » Tornado Batters Area near Canadian Capital of Ottawa