Scientists have Discovered a Lake Under the Sea (Video)
US scientists have discovered a lake at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico, BNT reported. The water in it is about five times saline compared to the surrounding. It also contains poisonous concentrations of methane and hydrogen sulphide and therefore does not mix with the surrounding sea water. If an animal or person enters this pool, toxic chemicals can be deadly. Only bacteria, sea worms and shrimps are able to survive in such conditions.
"This was one of the most amazing things in the depths of the sea, you go down and see a lake or a running river," biologist Eric Cordes told the team.
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » 5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
- » The Beauty of the Amazon Jungle - The "Lungs of the Earth" (GALLERY)
- » 250 Acres of Oak Forest and Pastures Burned near Vetren
- » Weather Forecasters Warn about Dangerous Rip Currents
- » Macron: Amazonia Fires Are an "International Crisis"