BNT Will Broadcast Live the Opening Ceremony of 23rd Winter Olympics
The official opening ceremony of the 23rd Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, which starts at 20:00 local time on 9th of February, will be broadcast live by BNT 1 and BNT HD and streamed at www.bnt.bg at 13:00 Bulgarian time.
BNT 1 and BNT HD will air a repeat of the event at 19:00.
As in every Olympics opening ceremony, athletes will march into the stadium under their country's flag during the Parade of Nations. As part of the tradition, the athletes from the home of the Olympic Games – Greece, will march first. The Bulgarian delegation includes 21 athletes in 6 disciplines. This is our most prominent presence at the Winter Olympics after the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002. The Bulgarian flag bearer will be the winner of the World Snowboard Cup in the parallel giant slalom, Radoslav Yankov.
A record 102 medals will be awarded in 15 disciplines. 2,925 contestants from 92 countries will participate in the races. For the first time in the history of the Winter Olympics, teams from Malaysia, Singapore, Ecuador, Eritrea, Kosovo and Nigeria will participate.
Source: The Bulgarian National Television
- » The Fines for Bear Grylls's Film after Violations in Bulgarian Rila Park are Paid
- » Cannes Film Festival: 2019 Lineup
- » Michelle Obama's Autobiography Comes in Bulgarian
- » Malta held a unique celebration to mark the 120 years of Pancho Vladigerov
- » The First Trailer of Star Wars: ''The Rise of Skywalker'' is Here!
- » The Sofia Zoo is Looking for Volunteers to Keep Animals from Being Fed by Visitors