U.N. Allows North Korean Officials to Travel to South Korea for Olympics
A United Nations Security Council committee granted approval on Thursday for a North Korean delegation, specifically U.N.-sanctioned senior official Choe Hwi, to travel to South Korea for the opening of the Winter Olympics, diplomats said, cited by Reuters reported.
While South Korea asked for broad approval to host the high-level delegation from Pyongyang - including North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s younger sister Kim Yo Jong - Choe was the only member subjected to a targeted U.N. travel ban and asset freeze.
- » FAA: It Is Still not Clear When the Boeing 737 Max Will Return to the Sky
- » Volcano in Mexico Has Erupted
- » Polls open in Netherlands and Britain for European Parliament Elections
- » Emerging Europe Announces Nominees for 2019 Awards
- » 6 People Died and 200 Others Were Injured as a Result of the Protests in Indonesia
- » Nathalie Loiseau: Britain Should not Exert its Political Crisis in Europe