U.N. Allows North Korean Officials to Travel to South Korea for Olympics
A United Nations Security Council committee granted approval on Thursday for a North Korean delegation, specifically U.N.-sanctioned senior official Choe Hwi, to travel to South Korea for the opening of the Winter Olympics, diplomats said, cited by Reuters reported.
While South Korea asked for broad approval to host the high-level delegation from Pyongyang - including North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s younger sister Kim Yo Jong - Choe was the only member subjected to a targeted U.N. travel ban and asset freeze.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » UK Considers Europeans with Mixed Covid Doses as ‘fully vaccinated’
- » Russia: Shooter from Perm Will go Psychiatric Examination
- » EU Plans to Create New Body to Fight Future Pandemics and Health Crises
- » Putin in Self-isolation after Covid Cases in His Inner Circle
- » US See No Other Option but Western Balkans as Part of Europe
- » Brazil Suspends Millions of Doses from Chinese Vaccine