U.N. Allows North Korean Officials to Travel to South Korea for Olympics
A United Nations Security Council committee granted approval on Thursday for a North Korean delegation, specifically U.N.-sanctioned senior official Choe Hwi, to travel to South Korea for the opening of the Winter Olympics, diplomats said, cited by Reuters reported.
While South Korea asked for broad approval to host the high-level delegation from Pyongyang - including North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s younger sister Kim Yo Jong - Choe was the only member subjected to a targeted U.N. travel ban and asset freeze.
- » The EU has Reached a Preliminary Agreement on the Defense Budget until 2027
- » Trump Creates Space Troops
- » MEPs Demand an End to the Change of Time in 2020
- » In Northern Macedonia, Are Preparing For the Presidential Election
- » Saudi Arabia and Pakistan Signed Contracts For $ 20 billion
- » Thousands of Albanians Went to the Streets to Demand the Resignation of the Prime Minister