U.N. Allows North Korean Officials to Travel to South Korea for Olympics
A United Nations Security Council committee granted approval on Thursday for a North Korean delegation, specifically U.N.-sanctioned senior official Choe Hwi, to travel to South Korea for the opening of the Winter Olympics, diplomats said, cited by Reuters reported.
While South Korea asked for broad approval to host the high-level delegation from Pyongyang - including North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s younger sister Kim Yo Jong - Choe was the only member subjected to a targeted U.N. travel ban and asset freeze.
- » Texas to Execute Killer Over 1993 Attack on Newlyweds
- » The European Parliament will Continue its Work Despite the Strasbourg Attack
- » What's Next for NASA's Voyager 2 in Interstellar Space?
- » May Tours Europe in Desperate Bid to Save Brexit Deal
- » UN Seeks $4 bn For Yemen
- » European Socialists Re-elected the Former Bulgarian PM Stanishev as PES President