European Network for Internet on Planes will be Operational in June
European wireless network for airline passengers will be launched by the end of June, yesterday companies working on the project said to Reuters.
German telecom operator Deutsche Telekom and Inmarsat satellite operator are partnering in the development of the European Aviation Network (EAN). By combining about 300 base stations in each EU country with satellite, the project aims to provide seamless broadband Internet access over land and water in the 28 member states of the bloc. So far, European air carriers have had to rely on a fully satellite wireless Internet access system on airplanes across Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Latvia Extends Emergency Situation Until January 11
- » COVID-19 Cases in Germany Surpasses 1 Million
- » Germany Prolongs Coronavirus Restrictions until December 20
- » Germany Plans to Ease Restrictions for Holidays
- » COVID-19 Deaths in Romania Reached 10,000
- » Macron Calls for Distributing First COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to Low-Income Countries