A Police Union in Germany Wants Legalization of Cannabis
The head of the German police union BDC Andre Schultz has called for the use of cannabis to be decriminalized, the Associated Press reported.
In March last year, German authorities partially authorized the use of marijuana for medical purposes but explicitly underlined that this does not mean legalizing it for other purposes. The head of the BDC (Federal Criminal Police Corps) said on today's Bild that the organization is about decriminalizing cannabis use completely. Schulz said the current system puts a stick on people and pushes them into the criminal circles. "Historically, the prohibition of cannabis has always been selectively enforced, neither rational nor appropriate," he said. But Schulz said marijuana should remain forbidden for drivers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours