Serbia and Montenegro have a Chance to Enter the EU by 2025
The European Commission intends to speed up the process of EU accession to the Western Balkan countries, according to Die Welt, quoted by BGNES.
These include the Republic of Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and the Republic of Kosovo. "The membership of the Western Balkan countries corresponds to the EU's political and economic interests," the EC said.
According to representatives of the European Commission, Serbia and Montenegro will join the EU by 2025.
"With strong political will, Montenegro and Serbia will be ready to become EU members when implementing reforms and regulating remaining issues with their neighbors" European officials.
At the same time, the EC considers it necessary to conclude a "legally binding agreement to normalize relations between Serbia and Kosovo".
- » The EU Postpones Brexit until May 22 if the London Government Approves the Divorce Deal
- » The EU Fined Google with 1.49 Billion Euros
- » EC: The Situation on the Balkan Refugee Route is Stable
- » EC: If Britain has not Left the EU by May, it has to Elect MEPs
- » Britain and the EU have Reached a Compromise on Brexit
- » Mariya Gabriel: 61% of European Citizens Are Afraid of Cyber-Attacks During the European Elections