Serbia and Montenegro have a Chance to Enter the EU by 2025
The European Commission intends to speed up the process of EU accession to the Western Balkan countries, according to Die Welt, quoted by BGNES.
These include the Republic of Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and the Republic of Kosovo. "The membership of the Western Balkan countries corresponds to the EU's political and economic interests," the EC said.
According to representatives of the European Commission, Serbia and Montenegro will join the EU by 2025.
"With strong political will, Montenegro and Serbia will be ready to become EU members when implementing reforms and regulating remaining issues with their neighbors" European officials.
At the same time, the EC considers it necessary to conclude a "legally binding agreement to normalize relations between Serbia and Kosovo".
- » Economic Crisis and the Long Shadow of European Youth Unemployment
- » EU Confronts Member States Issuing Citizenship for Money
- » Passenger Traffic up at European Airports as Freight Growth Fades
- » Eurozone GDP Slows Again as Exports Falter
- » Brexit: Barnier Rules out Key UK Customs Proposal
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law