Russia has Thwarted an Attack Planned for Election Day
Russia's Federal Security Service reported killing a suspected member of the Islamic State group preparing a terrorist assault in the city of Nizhny Novgorod on the day of the presidential election next month, news agencies said.
The FSS said the man had resisted detention and was neutralized by security forces. In his home, firearms, ammunition, and explosive devices were found. According to the FSS, he was a citizen of one of the former Soviet republics.
- » Four Russian Soldiers were Killed during Fights in Syria
- » Russia will soon Open Bridge linking Crimea to Russia
- » Thousands Arrested in Protest against Putin
- » Thousands Protest in Moscow over the Blocking of Telegram
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration
- » Sergei Lavrov: Russian Specialists Find no Trace of Chemical Attack in Douma