Russia has Thwarted an Attack Planned for Election Day
Russia's Federal Security Service reported killing a suspected member of the Islamic State group preparing a terrorist assault in the city of Nizhny Novgorod on the day of the presidential election next month, news agencies said.
The FSS said the man had resisted detention and was neutralized by security forces. In his home, firearms, ammunition, and explosive devices were found. According to the FSS, he was a citizen of one of the former Soviet republics.
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
- » Russia Holds Drills in Black Sea Region Amid Ukraine Tensions