Higher Levels of Particulate Matter are Expected in Sofia
An increase in the levels of fine particulate matter in air is expected. Given the norm of 50 mg per cu m, the expected increase will be in the range from 51 to 100 mg per cu m, the municipality of Sofia said.
It invited people to use public transport instead of their cars in order to limit air pollution. By walking, people are advised to choose a route off the major boulevards. Households with wood and coal heating are invited to use, if possible, electrical appliances or other cleaner heating.
Due to appropriate weather conditions, the municipality has ordered additional machine sweep and cleaning on the streets.
- » 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali
- » A New Cyclone Is Expected to Cross over Greece Today
- » Broken Clouds in the Morning, Rain Showers in Southern Bulgaria
- » 4.7 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Was Registered in Greece
- » Variable Cloudiness Today in Bulgaria, Rain Showers in the Afternoon
- » Dangerous Precipitation: Orange Code in 18 Areas in Bulgaria